Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Princess

Upset?

Quiet frankly I don't care who dubs/subs it. As long as it gets done

Not really....Viz does do a good job with some anime and hey, at least it's coming back!

I dunno, the voice acting in their dub for Rurouni Kenshin is pretty terrible

OH GODS THAT SHOW! I LOVE THAT SHOW! 

I prefer the version that's up on watchcartoononline because the voice acting sounds so much nicer. Kaoru sounds less like a child and Kenshin actually sounds more like a lovable goofball when he's not seriously ticked off master swordsman.

Upset?  You bet I am.  From a north-of-the-border perspective, it was a big faux pas for Viz to strike up a relationship with Hulu.  My fear is that Hulu has an exclusive contract with Viz that prohibits Viz from distributing its acquisitions into Canada.  Up until a few weeks ago, I would not have cared, but then Viz scored Sailor Moon, the only anime that I have any feelings for.  What's keeping me from going berserk, thankfully, is that Crunchyroll at least has access to the new anime, and I don't think Crunchyroll discriminates by country.

Upset? I'm FAR from upset, I'm beyond ecstatic! Because, let's be real, when they were simply saying SOMETHING big was happening for the twentieth anniversary of Sailor Moon everyone was sitting there thinking "I bet they're going to redub it!", then we got a better announcement of a completely reanimated series of it that follows the manga. Then a bit later they're like "Oh...we're ALSO going to redub it and release it uncut. JUST for you guys." 

So how can you be upset about what company got it? I saw the voice cast, I've heard all of their voices before, and they casted to perfection.