Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
EliseAyumu

Japanese or English?

Hey Moonies! To start the debate forum I thought I would ask the most debated question out there.

What Version of Sailor Moon Do You Like The Most? Japanese or English?

Please post your views and be courtious to other people's veiews as well. If we find your post inappropriate, it will be taken off.

With that being said, Have Fun!

English because I can hear the english voices but upset at how DIC gave zoi the most annoying laugh next to Emerald.

Emerald and Zoisite have the same voice actors. Kirsten stewart.

English because I can hear the english voices but upset at how DIC gave zoi the most annoying laugh next to Emerald.

Emerald and Zoisite have the same voice actors. Kirsten stewart.

It's true that Zoizite has a horrible laugh, but I can imitate it. It's funny trying to laugh like Zoizite.

It's true that Zoizite has a horrible laugh, but I can imitate it. It's funny trying to laugh like Zoizite.

As much as I love zoi it hurts my ears. Ugh and remember Wicked lady in the English dub after she turns evil? Her laugh ugh. I werent a fan of Usagi voice after season 3.

Although I grew up with the english dub (man do I regret that after learning about the amount of stuff they cut out)

I would like to sit down and watch all the japanese episodes with subtitles or learn to speak japanese fluently enough to know what's going on so I don't have to miss things due to subtitles.

Pretty sure the voices would drive me batty either way though

Though I actually kinda like the English dub apart from all the evil things they have done... But the Sub is better.

Japanese with Subs... when i got back into SM, i started with the dub as i did not know at the time, it was an anime.. soon i heard of all these changes and so i tried a few in Japanese and well i just loved it.. i don't like the dub because of most of the changes, the biggest one being what it did to, Zoisite, Fisheye and Haruka/Michiru.. at first it was a bit hard to keep up with the subs but now since i can keep up.

I also always hope for a redub to fix what was edited due to FCC rules back in the 90's and early 2000's

I also always hope for a redub to fix what was edited due to FCC rules back in the 90's and early 2000's

Oh hell yes! Hopefully it ain't flubbed up for the ghost remake :(

Oh hell yes! Hopefully it ain't flubbed up for the ghost remake :(

well Funamtion talks about how they want to redub it, but so far they have been all talk and no game.. not even a we are trying to get it but...

Really  although the japanese is subtitled, you really don't know what they are truly saying, they could have just made anything up to get us english people to  try and watch it.

Only like the english because I don't like subs, its hard to concentrate on the program when your trying to read the subs, but i have watched all.

I keep seeing people saying the english has been dubbed wrong - what they are saying isn't what they are supposed to say?

And sorry but the japs are perverts from what I have seen throughout the program, I can see why they cut bits out.

Really, I enjoy the Viz dub. I personally find the original Serena's voice very annoying...and too old sounding for her character. But I also like the Japanese version. Personally, I've always been a very fast reader, so I've never had a problem with reading subtitles