Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Sailor Mars Fanatic

Sailor Moon R Part 2 alternate take Chapter 9

The next day after the Black Moon Clan had made their big showdown attack Serena was trying to entertain Rini by showing her an animated movie on the DVD player. It was Sleeping Beauty by Walt Disney Productions but Rini was rather bored by it. She wasn't really interested in a fantasy cartoon film. She'd much rather be trying to find the Silver Crystal. She sat still and suffered it for the first forty-five minutes. Then she jumped off her chair and said, "This is rubbish. I'm out of here."
Serena said, "What are you saying? This is a wonderful movie. The hero is going to awaken the beautiful princess from enchanted sleep with a kiss in the big finale."
Rini ran away crying, "Yuck! I already know this story and I've always hated it Serena. It's sickening mush. I'm going to go to my room and find some better way to spend my weekend break time after school."
With that she disappeared leaving Serena staring wide-eyed and alone with Luna. Dad was outside painting the garage, Mum was in the laundry doing the washing and Sammy had gone out to play football in the park with some of his friends from school. He certainly would never have wanted to watch Sleeping Beauty either. He hated childish fairy tales too.

"Oooooohhh. That ungrateful Rini. I try to be friendly and look how she acts Luna."
But Luna said, "You should try to be more understanding Serena."
"What do you mean Luna?"
"Well consider her situation. She has been sent to the past to try to help her own parents who are in big trouble in the future. And she's been told to get the Silver Crystal off you. She seems to be familiar with Sailor Moon, but she doesn't know you are really her. And I've talked to her since the events yesterday afternoon. She overheard me cry out to you to run when those people attacked you and her."
Serena was astonished to hear this. "Y-you have spoken to her Luna?"
"She apparently suspected that I could talk from the beginning Serena. She asked me to talk to her privately. However I have not revealed the identities of you, the other girls or even Darien. She asked me if I knew where I could get the crystal. But I told her she would have to keep searching and I would try to find out for her in the meantime. I left it at that."
"Th-thank you Luna," Serena stammered. "I wish I could help her. If only we could find out more information from her."
"This is something we definitely need to all discuss together between ourselves. And we'll have to make sure we're safe from Rini overhearing us. Until we are ready to make our move we can't let Rini know who we are. She can't just take the crystal. Not even if it is going to help her cause. You should all go with her when she returns to the future. The crystal is too important to us as well to risk losing it."
Serena knew that everything Luna said was the sensible truth. What a dilemma they were facing. And in the meantime they needed to keep protecting Rini from those creepy people.

So Serena called her friends on their communicators and suggested that they all meet at the ice cream parlour in twenty-five minutes with Luna and Artemis. "We can buy ourselves ice cream treats and sit together outside away from everybody else and quietly talk about what we should do about Rini and her problem," she said and they all thought it a good suggestion.
In no time at all they were gathered together with their cones or sundaes around a public park bench out of earshot of the crowd of people. Even Luna and Artemis were lapping at some ice cream in dishes specially for them. Little did they realize of course, that when they, like all the other people bought their ice creams, they were inadvertently helping to maintain the Black Moon Clan's power over their Crystal Point in the future.
But for now they were seriously discussing what they could do to defeat their current enemies.
Raye said, "So this is what we know for sure so far. Rini is from this city in the future called Crystal Tokyo. And it's under some kind of attack by these invaders known as the Black Moon Clan."
Amy added, "And Rini's mother has been put into some kind of prison by the invaders. Which is wwhy she's here now."
"Yeah," said Serena in a melancholy-sounding voice as she stared straight ahead at nothing while Lita continued the discourse.
"And that man with red hair resembling fire named Rubeus followed Rini here with all those strange women to help him capture Rini to prevent her fom altering their hold on the future. And they also want to get the Silver Imperium Crystal just like Rini. Rini wants it to defeat them so they want to get it first to ensure their victory. What do you think we should do regarding Rini and the crystal Serena?"
But to Lita's astonishment Serena didn't say anything but kept staring blankly ahead.
"Did you hear me Serena? Serena. Will you answer me please? We're having an important discussion here."
Serena did turn to look at Lita and speak. But her words were, "Do you think Darien will finally decide to re-ignite our passion for each other very soon after what Mum said to him recently?"
Everybody was exasperated. "WHAT?" they all exclaimed in unison.
Artemis and Luna were annoyed.
Luna said, "Serena. The subject on hand is what to do about Rini and her problems. Can't you stay on topic?"
Artemis agreed, "Yes. We need to help that poor girl."
"That's right," declared Amy, Raye, Lita and Mina and Serena sighed in despair.
But then she spotted Darien riding past on his motorcycle. She clearly recognized his bike and his helmet and he had a female passenger seated beside him with her arms around his waist. There was no time to call out to him. He already had a clear green light at the traffic signals. Darien may not have even seen Serena or any of the girls nearby since he was concentrating on the road. But Serena had seen him and she had seen the girl he was with. "Th-that was D-d-darien!" She leaped to her feet trembling. "Oh no. My worst fears have come true. He has made up his mind about me. He's not coming back. He's found somebody new."
Then she began to weep and cry uncontrollably and Luna, Artemis and the girls all looked at each other in silent understanding. There was no way in the world anybody could calm Serena down. The discussion was over before it had barely begun.

Later that night when Mum, Dad and Sammy were all tucked up snugly asleep in their beds, Luna was woken up by the sound of Serena's bedroom door quietly opening. She opened her eyes where she was lying on the floor next to Serena's bed and saw Serena creeping very quietly outside. "Hmm. Where's she going?" she thought to herself.
She silently followed Serena from a distance and saw her tip-toe downstairs so as not to wake any of her family. Next at the bottom of the stairs Serena crept into the kitchen. Luna was getting extremely curious by this time and slowly walked into the kitchen. When she did she found to her amazement that Serena was raiding the refrigerator. She was sitting down in the open door helping herself to chocolate cake, biscuits, cheese, apple pie and chicken.
"Serena! What are you doing?" exclaimed Luna. "You'll have a difficult time getting to sleep if you eat all of that!"
Somebody else was secretly awake however. It was Rini. She had been unable to settle down thinking about the Silver Crystal and she had crept out of her own room a few minutes after Serena and Luna had gone downstairs in her pajamas and slippers holding her ball. She silently entered the kitchen doorway just as Serena replied to Luna in a sobbing, whiny voice.
"I don't care. I just don't care if I'm unable to sleep. Or if I put on weight or even get a tummy-ache. Darien has found himself a new girl. My heart is broken and I intend to console myself with food."
Upon hearing this Rini gasped in shock. Turning away with tears in her own eyes while Serena cried and ate she made her way to the chimney fireplace and standing inside she furtively bounced her ball and whispered. "Mini Magic Tricks. Levitate me up through the chimney and lower me gently down to the ground outside."
Grabbing her ball after casting the spell she gently rose upwards and out the top. Fortunately they always kept the chimney professionally wiped clean and slowly descending outside she ran off in consternation and distress. "Darien can't have a new girl." She thought to herself as she ran down the street. "Something deep down inside my heart seems to tell me that he must get back together with Serena. I can't explain why but I just know that for my own good they need to be romantically linked."
Even Luna hadn't noticed Rini just earlier but in the next minute or two she and Serena both had their attention drawn to her. She became so upset with the thought that Darien may have irreconciably broken up with Serena that she began to cry and set off her golden illumination effect once more.

Mum, Dad and Sammy were all sound sleepers but Luna noticed the glow permeating the kitchen through the windows. "Serena! That's Rini's signal! She must be in trouble!"
Even Serena paused with a big bite of apple pie in her mouth and said a muffled "Oh no." She was genuinely concerned about Rini and forgot her sorrows at once.
And Rini certainly needed help. Rubeus had been using his holographic monitor to diligently search the city for signs of her and he saw the tell-tale flash of light.
He called everybody to an urgent meeting. "The little brat's revealed herself again. We've pinpointed where her energy is coming from."
"Who are you going to send this time Rubeus?" asked Avery. Everybody else was on the edge of their seat wondering what the plan would be.
Rubeus answered. "I think I'm going to have this try myself. But I'll take you with me Avery. And Prizma too. The three of us will be able to catch her easily."
Avery and Prizma raised their fists and said, "We are ready to serve our cause Rubeus."
But Rubeus wasn't finished. "But if or when those dastardly Sailor Scouts show up this is what I propose. My good buddy Hypnotica shall accompany us but stay in hiding until the enemy appear. Then she shall use her hypnotic abilities to put them into an unwakeable sleep. Then we can take them as easy prisoners back to the future with us and break the spell long enough for our prince to declare judgement upon them and then the Wiseman and the Grim Man shall destroy them. And with their deaths, the Sailor Scouts of the future and the Queen of Crystal Tokyo shall be wiped out of existence. Our families will be so fittingly avenged."
Everybody cheered this proposal and Hypnotica said, "You can count on me dear Rubeus."
Thunderclap said, "While you are both gone it shall be my turn to act as chief in command. Hypnotica did it when I went on a mission with you awhile ago Rubeus. I pledge to do just as well a job."
"Thank you my friend. I wouldn't expect any less," smiled Rubeus. "Let's all get going now, shall we?"
Everybody cheered even more as Rubeus, Avery, Prizma and Hypnotica all left to seek out Rini once and for all.

So while Rini was running along and crying Rubeus, Avery and Prizma suddenly materialized in her way.
"We have you cornered you little weasel," said Rubeus and Avery made her move as Rini gasped. Remembering how she had struck them all down the last time, Avery lashed out with her whip sending it coiling around Rini's entire body from her neck down to her ankles. Then Prizma put her finger to the whip and sent a mild electric current running through it stunning Rini to prevent her from using her defensive power.
Avery then picked up Rini's limp body. "We've done it Rubeus," she crowed.
But then Luna came running from out of nowhere and jumping up onto Avery began scratching her arm.
"YEEEAAAARRGHHH!" Avery dropped Rini and clutched her bleeding arm while Luna leaped aside and Prizma and Rubeus turned to see Luna running to stand alongside Sailor Moon, who was frowning and glaring at them. "I've had just about enough of you creeps bullying poor Rini. In the Name of the Moon I shall put a stop to it."
Rubeus said, "We've had too much of you Sailor Moon. But we have you right where we want you once and for all. Hypnotica! Do your stuff!"
As Hypnotica materialized in a puff of smoke Sailor Moon automatically looked up at her. But that was a fatal mistake. Hypnotica began to chant. "Look into my eyes. You are getting sleepy. Go to sleep. You need to lie down and rest."
Luna cried, "Sailor Moon. Don't look at her." But it was too late. Sailor Moon lay down and spoke dreamily.
"You were wrong about all that food keeping me awake Luna. Good night."
Rubeus, Prizma and Avery all laughed as they picked up Rini again between them. Luna was horrified.

But their laughter was cut off by the arrival of Artemis and the other Scouts surrounding them on all sides.
Sailor Jupiter said, "We all came as fast as we could when Sailor Moon called us."
Sailor Mercury said, "Yes. We will put a stop to your little game as usual."
"Release Rini," demanded Sailor Mars.
But Rubeus answered, "I'm afraid things are not going to work out in your favour this time Sailor Scouts." Then he, Prizma and Avery gave a mighty combined leap into the air, still clutching Rini.
Before the Sailor Scouts could say or do anything Avery called out, "Our comrade Hypnotica will fix you all good."
Rubeus cried, "Yes Hypnotica! We're counting on you!"
Even as Rubeus was shouting Hypnotica was already emanating her powers from the horn in her head towards the Scouts. "Go to sleep! Go to sleep! You are feeling drowsy! You need to rest!"
As the girls began to yawn Luna shouted, "Don't let her hypnotize you! You must fight!"
Even while Mars was feeling the effects and yawning she summoned up a counter-attack. "I call upon the power of Mars. FIREBALLS CHARGE!"
She sent one of her charms flying up to stick to Hypnotica's face over her eyes. She screamed and turned into the smoke like form she had briefly before she had appeared earlier.
Prizma and Avery, who were still holding the bound Rini, both gasped and Rubeus was furious. "You can't do that to my friend."
"But I did," answered Sailor Mars rising to her feet.
Avery and Prizma were so side-tracked they failed to realize that Rini had regained consciousness and summoning up her reserves she gave them both the same sort of shock they had received with Catzi, Birdy, Droido and Frosty the other day. With loud cries that made Rubeus turn around with a start the two sisters fell stunned to the ground and Rini dropped lightly shaking the coil of whip off her.
Sailor Mercury ran over to hold her protectively and Sailor Venus went over to rouse Sailor Moon, who was still asleep.
Taking her in her arms she said, "Hey Sailor Moon. Wake up."
But Rubeus turned back to them snarling, "She won't wake up. Hypnotica has another trick up her sleeve. My friend. Invade her prone body."
Then before any of them knew what happened the smoke formed a long, thin strand that flew downwards and right up Sailor Moon's nose.
"Hey! What was that?" gasped Sailor Venus still cradling Sailor Moon's upper torso.
Rubeus exclaimed triumphantly, "My buddy has entered her body in her ethereal state. She will slowly kill her while keeping her trapped in her hypnotic sleep. And there is nothing you can do about it."
Everybody, including Rini was horrified and Sailors Mars and Jupiter clenched their fists. "Why you!"
"Now now. It's no use threatening me. I can give you a fight if you want but all the time Hypnotica will be draining Sailor Moon's life energy. You can only save her by overcoming the hypnosis and waking her up. If you can. Which you can't. HA HA HA HA!"
Realizing what he said was true, Mars and Jupiter started working hard with Mercury and Venus to shake Sailor Moon and yell at her to wake up while Artemis, Luna and Rini watched helplessly. But they couldn't rouse her even for a second and Rubeus watched with satisfaction as he rubbed his hands and chuckled.

Suddenly everybody's attention, including Rubeus, was attracted by the arrival of a motorcycle. Sailor Mercury gasped. "Look. It's Tuxedo Mask."
They all gaped and Rubeus sneered to behold Darien dressed in his Tuxedo Mask persona while seated upon his motorcycle. He jumped off and ran towards Sailor Moon's inert form while Luna, Artemis, Rini and the other girls all stepped aside to give him room.
"Do you think he can help her?" asked Sailor Jupiter.
"Naturally he can't," scoffed Rubeus while Avery and Prizma were groggily climbing to their feet.
Tuxedo Mask was highly concerned. He shook Sailor Moon and spoke urgently to her. "Sailor Moon! Wake up! Can't you hear me?"
Sailor Moon actually muttered in her sleep. "Darien. How could you break my heart so? I saw you with your new girlfriend on your motorbike just recently."
Tuxedo Mask gasped. Realizing the truth of the way he felt he hugged her tightly and cried, "Sailor Moon! You misinterpreted what you saw, but I realize now that deep down I love you too and cannot live without you. Please come back to me."
And with that he kissed her. To the horror of Rubeus, Avery and Prizma and to the joy of all the others, Sailor Moon immediately opened her eyes and hugging Darien cried, "Oh is it true? You really do still love me?"
Smiling behind his mask he replied, "Yes I do my precious Meatball-head."
Sailor Mercury had happy tears in her eyes. "The power of love has brought Sailor Moon back to us."
Rini said in amazement, "I never liked the story of Sleeping Beauty. But I'm so delighted to have seen its ending re-enacted by Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask." She knew what they meant to her though she still didn't know they were Serena and Darien.

Hypnotica appeared in a swirl of smoke that formed into her body next to her buddy Rubeus up in the air. She was furious. "How could that confounded Cape-boy have expelled me from her body? I'll fix him good."
Then she reached up and took hold of the horn in her forehead. She was about to do something extraordinary and seriously deadly.
She actually proceeded to pull the horn out of her head. It came out easily and smoothly with no blood or any other gore. It turned out to be the handle of a sinister, curved, elaborate dagger and it left a clean, gaping hole in her forehead resembling a standard sheath of all things. She lunged at Tuxedo Mask and Sailor Moon and they jumped aside in a hurry. But Tuxedo Mask cried out in pain as his shoulder was scratched, tearing his clothing and staining it with blood.
Sailor Moon shouted vehemently. "How dare you wound my boyfriend. It's me you really want so come on. Let's fight."
Hypnotica brandished the dagger and snarled. "Lights out. It's past your eternal bedtime."
As she prepared to lunge at her Sailor Moon grabbed her tiara and as usual it changed to her scepter. "I'll decide when it's my bedtime creep."
Rubeus cried out, "Be careful dear Hypnotica. That's a very dangerous weapon."

Hypnotica tried to run Sailor Moon through the heart. But Sailor Moon side-stepped and swung her scepter like a baseball bat and caught Hypnotica under her arm. She still managed to retain her grip on the dagger, but she was thrown off balance backwards by the force of the blow pushing her arm. Grunting she struggled to maintain her balance but Sailor Moon was now preparing her attack. "MOON SCEPTER ELIMIN-"
Rubeus came to Hypnotica's rescue and avery and Prizma also jumped forward ready to attack. Rubeus grabbed Sailor Moon from behind and struggled to pull her scepter out of her hand.
Sailor Mars drew his attention away however by attacking Hypnotica herself. "MARS CELESTIAL FIRE SURROUND!"
At the same time Sailor Mercury shouted out her attack against Avery and Prizma. "MERCURY ICE STORM BLAST!"
The two sisters screamed in agony as they were trapped similarly to the way Birdy's friend Frosty had been the very first time she ever used it and Hypnotica also screamed as Mars' rings of fire struck her burning her badly. Unlike Catzi's deceased partner Rhonda though, she was able to save herself from hopelessly going up in flames by converting herself to smoke. Rubeus meanwhile still had his hold on Sailor Moon, one arm round her neck and the other hand clutching her wrist with the scepter in. He had stopped struggling with her though she couldn't break his strong grip all the same but he was relieved when he saw his friend escape.

As this was happening Sailor Jupiter attacked Avery and Prizma while they were helplessly immobile. "JUPITER THUNDERBOLT ZAP!" Her bolt struck them hard shattering the icy wall that held them though in the process giving them a very nasty shock and throwing them several feet backwards where they landed in dazed and groaning heaps.
Meanwhile Hypnotica manifested herself next to Rubeus and was going to slit Sailor Moon's throat. But Tuxedo Mask threw two roses with skilled precision that stuck in the hole in Hypnotica's forehead. It was designed only for one thing. The dagger and so it was rather painful to have the stems of those flowers suddenly jab inside her head. "Ouch! Owwww! It hurts!" She still didn't lose her grip on the dagger but she put her other hand to her forehead and Rubeus aghast, finally released Sailor Moon to take hold of her. He saw Sailor Venus glaring at them ready to use her own attack at any moment and Sailor Moon turned to look at them. She was too close to use her scepter elimination attack but she brandished it menacingly like a club. Rubeus knew they had been defeated again and he quickly transported himself and Hypnotica away from where they were. They briefly appeared up in the sky where he urgently yelled down to Prizma and Avery, "Retreat with us back to headquarters!"
The two sisters were only too eager to get out of there, so supporting each other with linked arms they de-materialized where they were still sitting on the ground and so did Rubeus taking his injured friend back with him.

When they arrived Prizma, Avery and Hypnotica all received a medical look over by Frosty, who was skilled in such matters. The two sisters had been shook up and were badly bruised where they fell. But there were no broken bones or other serious damage. They were given appropriate first-aid treatments with soothing cream and instructed to lay down and rest.
As for Hypnotica fortunately the rose stems had not caused any piercings inside her head. Frosty said there was no scratches or bleeding spots at all. "I'll just wrap some small ice cubes inside this sterilized, clean handkerchief and gently place it inside to soothe the pain. When it has all melted I'll have another look and gently dry it with soft handtowel. I think you're going to be fine Hypnotica."
So with that she went to rest and recover too. Rubeus was not happy though. He said to Thunderclap, "We must come up with a perfect plan to eliminate the Sailor Scouts and the masked man in the tuxedo. Sooner or later more of us are going to die while fighting them. And if it happens to you or Hypnotica, dear Thunderclap, I'll be devastated."
"I don't want anything to happen to you or her either, dear Rubeus. And I know Hypnotica would say the very same thing herself," said Thunderclap. "We must be very careful."
They weren't the only ones feeling this way. Birdy, Droido and Frosty were all very worried. Of course Birdy didn't wish death upon her own biological sisters, but they just weren't as close to her as her two personal Droids were. She wanted them to survive and they wanted her to survive.
They all wanted to survive and live long lives together. The thought of what could potentially happen filled them with dread forebodings.

Getting back to Sailor Moon and all the others, first of all she and Tuxedo Mask had a lovely moment cuddling with Rini. Then they looked into each others eyes and then at the other Scouts' smiling faces. Finally they spoke to Rini.
"Rini. Sailor Moon and I need to go off somewhere for a personal private talk now. But you'll be in the company of our friends here and they'll make sure you get back home safely and to your bed without disturbing the rest of your family."
Sailor Moon herself added, "And don't worry. We'll see you again sometime soon."
"But what about Serena?" Rini asked concernedly. "When I left her at home she was wide awake in the kitchen, feeding her face and crying because Darien dumped her for someone else."
Tuxedo Mask was taken aback but Sailor Moon quickly thought of a reply. "Oh it's all right. I know that Serena is at home sound asleep in her room. Sailor Mars had one of her visions and she told me that she had gone to sleep in the end instead of eating herself sick. And also tomorrow she will discover she was wrong about Darien. He still loves her and he will tell her so."
Rini perked up upon hearing this. "R-r-really?"
Sailor Mars played her part well. "Yes that's true Rini. You have nothing at all to worry about."
The other Scouts all cheerfully agreed and Sailor Moon hugged her one last time before getting on Tuxedo Mask's motorbike behind him. "Well Rini. Tuxedo Mask and I need to deeply talk among ourselves. Bye now."
"Goodbye," called Rini happily and she waved as the pair rode off into the night. Artemis and Luna felt as cheerful as the rest.

They found a secluded look-out point facing the waterfront where they changed into their civilian identities and held each other as they talked. Serena was blown away by Darien's explanation of what she'd thought she'd seen. "So that girl on your bike was the little sister of Andrew, the manager of the Videogame Arcade?"
"Yes that's right Serena. Lizzie's her name. Andrew asked me as a special favour to give her a ride to her hairdresser's appointment because she couldn't afford a taxi and she'd missed her bus. That's when you saw us."
"And that was all it was? Giving her a ride?"
"Yeah. She's nothing but a friend, just like her brother Andrew's my friend. But tell me. You were actually going to eat yourself sick because of the way you misconstrued things when you saw us?"
Serena felt rather embarrassed about it now and blushed like a red light traffic signal. "Uh yeah. Stupid huh?"
But Darien took her chin in his fingertips and gently tilted her head so she could see his broad smiling grin. "Stupid yes. But I was stupid too. I should have been willing to listen to you when you tried to tell me what your mother had said to your father in the first place. Ever since we went curry shopping with her I've been mulling over what she told me herself and when my sixth sense told me that you were in trouble tonight I came as fast as I could on my bike here. I didn't know what sort of trouble it was of course but when I saw the state you were in and heard those words you muttered in your sleep, that was the final piece of the puzzle that woke me up to how silly I was to put any barrier between us. Oh Serena. I love you dearly. We are destined for each other."
They hugged tightly and wept joyful tears of joy. "Dear Darien. I really knew in my heart that you still loved me."
"Forever my Meatball-head." She laughed hearing him say this.
"So um. Will you come to dinner one day and meet Dad socially? Mum has been wanting me to invite you for a long time."
Darien thought for a moment, then said, "Of course I will. As long as you make me one promise Serena."
"What's that Darien?"
"Don't ever eat yourself sick please."
Serena said, "That I do solemnly promise." And they hugged and laughed all the more merrily.

Pretty good chapter. I loved the use of Hypnotica and Chibiusa going to try and an explanation out of Mamoru. I also agree with Chibs opinion on Sleeping Beauty. The live action version was better

Curiousity: Are Mamoru and Usagi back together already? If that's so, how is the promise ring episode adaption going to go down?

I'll have to make certain changes when I come to it. But for all practical purposes the break-up story is over in my version. I just felt like there was no conceivable way I could sensibly stretch it out beyond this part.

That was a very good chapter I last and I'm sure I would have cried too but I didn't and I like that episode two men came out in the 90s.  :chibiusa: Keep writing and I will keep reading.

That was a very good chapter I last and I'm sure I would have cried too but I didn't and I like that episode two men came out in the 90s.  :chibiusa: Keep writing and I will keep reading.

I don't fully understand what you mean in your post. two men came out in the 90s?

Anyway I certainly will keep writing and sharing it here. :)

I don't fully understand what you mean in your post. two men came out in the 90s?

Anyway I certainly will keep writing and sharing it here. :)

correction:too when it came out. And okay like I said I'll keep reading. :chibiusa: